Keeping Pace With Rapid Change in CPG & Retail
Key concerns for companies in the retail and consumer goods sectors include price deflation versus rising costs, M&A expansion and consolidation, supply chain management and inventory control, sales growth, managing local markets, sourcing overseas and Corporate Social Responsibility, among many others.
Retail and CPG organizations worldwide use our data warehouse automation and master data management solutions to manage and interpret data into meaningful business information to deliver solutions for these challenges.
Managing Cost & Increasing Growth
Several CPG customers have used Kalido-based data warehouse automation and master data management solutions to ensure that they, while addressing the many industry challenges they have, benefit from cost efficiencies and thus free up funding for the investment in future growth.
The resulting benefits from these solutions in the area of managing cost and increasing growth include:
- Effective use of Operating working capital will free funds for growing capital investment
- Working Capital can provide additional funds by effectively managing inventory finished goods, closing time on outstanding receivables whilst extending payables
- Greater transparency and control across all business functions will identify new opportunities
- Trade and cost pricing improves net revenue
- Energy management
- Investment return on marketing, brand image
- Top line growth through innovation and brand strength
- Net revenue growth
- Control of cost of goods in particular energy and understanding the detailed composition of products
- Operating costs contribution made by sales, general administration trade promotion, marketing
- Balancing brand investment with sales, measuring the effectiveness of each and then being able to link this to commercial planning.
- Sales optimization and customer service
Supply Chain Efficiency
In recent years, the CPG/Retail supply chain has changed shape significantly. Retailers and global players have reduced the number of direct suppliers, while at the same time, national and international consolidation has occurred across the industry.
Companies have to focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their supply chains to generate a competitive advantage. By using technology to increase the integration between customers and suppliers, inflexible supply chains can be changed into adaptive supply networks. Kalido-based data warehouse automation and master data management solutions have provided:
- Improved coordination in supply chain activities, simplifying and standardizing global information to enable to rapid identification of cost-saving opportunities
- Visibility of global information on raw materials and suppliers, for reduced costs and improved collaboration with vendors
- Consistent, definitive body of product management information, creating opportunities for procurement and operational cost savings
Trade Promotion Effectiveness
By using Kalido’s data warehouse automation and master data management software an organisation can track promotion investment and associated uplift by category, brand, product, channel, organisation and customer – which means that decisions are insightful and greater return by product and market.
Kalido customers have seen:
- Reduction in cost of sales due to maximising return on total trade promotion spend
- Better brand management with insight into the marketing mix
- Visibility and control with deeper analysis of funds, customers and promotions
- Ability to balance brand investment with sales, measuring the effectiveness of each and then being able to link this to commercial planning
In order to make the right decisions about investment, customer relationships and product development it is essential to gain up to date insight in buying behaviors and patterns. The only effective way to do this is by using best in class software from the Kalido suite. Our data warehouse automation and master data management solution gives accurate, in-depth information enabling our customers to:
- Improve their own customer relationships with more effective sales processes
- Achieve top line growth through innovation and brand strength
- Optimize sales and improve customer service
- Plan and react more quickly, remain competitive and protect their market share – at a local and global level
Head of Global Product Management and Supply Chain for Lubricants
Head of Information Applications and Architecture Group