Through a series of real-life scenarios, the course familiarizes you with a wide range of Kalido MDM functionalities and highlights features to make you a better Kalido Developer, Data Steward or Administrator. In the course, you are a Kalido Developer in a fictitious company with an existing MDM implementation. As the organization’s requirements change, you learn to evolve and extend the existing sets of Master Data using Kalido MDM and Kalido Business Information Modeler (BIM).
You can also self-enroll in the free MDM Consumer tutorial, which is available in the Virtual Classroom. You will use the MDM Consumer in some exercises in this course, but you might be interested in learning more about how customizations you make in MDM can affect data consumers or other business users.
Who Should Attend
Project team members involved with the implementation, maintenance or ongoing use of Kalido MDM. This includes system developers, administrators, data modelers, data stewards and implementers.
What You Will Learn
In this course you learn and practice all the tasks involved in browsing, importing, managing, authorizing and publishing data using Kalido MDM.
You get two weeks of unlimited access to a personal, dedicated, cloud-based training environment which includes:
- Access to all components of the Kalido Information Engine required to complete the course
- Underlying infrastructure and DBMS to support live access to the Kalido Information Engine
- A Training Center Application that prepares the Kalido environment for each exercise and validates the successful execution of each exercise
- Provision of a second solution database so you can see the expected results of the course exercises
- An online chat facility to connect you with a Kalido expert in our world-class support organization (available Monday to Friday for all hours except between 5pm and 10:30pm US Eastern Time)
- Remote environment sharing to enable you to get expert help from our world-class support organization during the above mentioned hours
- Perpetual access to online instructor videos
- Free access to new product functionality modules as they are added to Comprehensive MDM in the Virtual Classroom, enabling you to stay current on the latest releases of the Kalido Information Engine over time. (Note: This excludes access to new training courses which Kalido will be providing to facilitate education on dedicated subjects)
The Comprehensive MDM course covers all the topics you need to know to begin managing, enriching, authorizing, and publishing data using Kalido MDM. Over 30 chapters of video material plus hands-on exercises cover details on many topics, including:
- Introduction to MDM concepts and terminology
- Modeling data
- Browsing data
- Loading, enriching, authorizing and publishing data
- Using Workflows to manage data governance and stewardship
- Matching and merging data
- Managing security and auditability
- Administration and customization
You should plan on spending 20-25 hours to complete the course.
- Fundamentals of Business Information Modeling course
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment