The course familiarizes participants with the wide range of Kalido data warehousing functionalities and highlights features to enable students to maximize the benefits of a Kalido data warehouse. It begins with basic concepts and evolves into the more advanced features of building and operating a warehouse.
Who Should Attend
Project team members involved with the implementation, maintenance or ongoing use of Kalido DIW. This includes warehouse developers, system administrators, data modelers, project managers, business analysts and implementers.
What You Will Learn
In this course, participants learn and practice all the tasks required to build, populate and report from a Kalido data warehouse using the Kalido Information Engine.
Students get two weeks of unlimited access to a personal, dedicated, cloud-based training environment which includes:
- Access to all components of the Kalido Information Engine required to complete the course: Kalido Business Information Modeler, Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse (DIW) and the Model Exchange Service.
- Underlying infrastructure and DBMS to support live access to Kalido
- A Training Center Application that prepares the Kalido environment for each exercise and validates the successful execution of each exercise
- Provision of a second solution warehouse to enable the student to see the expected results of the course exercises
- An online chat facility to connect the student with a Kalido expert in our world-class support organization (available Monday to Friday for all hours except between 5pm and 10:30pm US Eastern Time)
- Remote environment sharing to enable the student to get expert help from our world-class support organization during the above mentioned hours
- Perpetual access to online instructor videos
- Free access to new product functionality modules as they are added to the Comprehensive DIW Virtual Classroom, enabling the student to get current on the latest releases of the Kalido Information Engine over time. (Note: This excludes access to new training courses which Kalido will be providing to facilitate education on dedicated subjects)
The Comprehensive Kalido DIW course covers all the topics you need to know to begin creating, deploying and administering a Kalido-based data warehouse. Nearly 50 chapters of video material plus hands-on exercises cover details on many topics, including:
- Viewing reference and meta data
- Creating dimensional meta data
- Creating meta data for transactions
- Defining measures
- The Unified Load Controller, including reference data and transaction data loading
- Suspense Processing
- Generating Snowflake and Star schemas
- Version Migration
- The time dimension
- Task Management and Submission
- Currency conversion principles
- Reporting from the warehouse
- Multipath and ragged hierarchies
- Cross dimensional associations
- Supertypes & subtypes
You should plan to spend 30-40 hours to complete the course.
- Fundamentals of Business Information Modeling course
- Driving Better BI with Kalido (available for free in our Virtual Classroom)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment